Deploying Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) Instances [Online Code]
Deploying Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) Instances [Online Code] by O'Reilly Media at ITHKS. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Number of Videos: 1.5 hours - 32 lessonsAuthor: Steve SuehringUser Level: IntermediateThis course examines a key process for AWS: The process of
Author: Steve Suehring
User Level: Intermediate
This course examines a key process for AWS: The process of deploying a basic EC2 instance using either Linux or Windows. It demonstrates how to connect to those instances, explains how to manage the underlying images and snapshots, and compares EC2 to other AWS services like Elastic Beanstalk and Lightsail. Learners should understand how to use SSH (secure shell) and have access to an AWS account (i.e., capable of deploying EC2 instances and working with security groups, key pairs, snapshots, and billing).
- Understand how to create an EC2 instance using Linux or Windows
- Learn to connect to EC2 instances and add disks to those instances
- Explore the distinctions between EC2, Lightsail, and Elastic Beanstalk
- Discover how storage and networking works in EC2
- Understand monitoring, reporting, and how to create an AWS billing alarm
- Learn terminology specific to AWS and how it relates to similar data center terminology
Steve Suehring is an Assistant Professor of Computing and New Media Technologies at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Steve teaches courses on server and cloud engineering, systems design, LAMP stack programming, big data, and more. Prior to joining the faculty, Steve spent 20 years in the industry as a technical architect, systems engineer, and network administrator.
|Mac Minimum System Requirements:||Mac Recommended System Requirements:|
Features & Highlights
- Learn Deploying Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) Instances from a professional trainer on your own time at your own desk.
- This visual training method offers users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps
- Comes with Extensive Working Files