Home Designer Suite is 3D home design software for DIY home enthusiasts. Created by Chief Architect, so you can enjoy the same type of tools that the professionals use for home design, interior design, and outdoor living. Home Designer Suite offers intuitive design and smart building tools for your home projects. Create Your Dream Home Today.
Home Designer Suite makes it easy to design and visualize your ideas with smart building and powerful design tools. The tools have commonly accepted defaults for most building practices to assist you in your home design projects.
- Choose from built-in home style templates, create your own custom home design
- Use the House Assistant to space plan your rooms and room layout
- Design in 2D and 3D or both simultaneously
- Choose from over 6,000 library items or download free bonus items to customize your design
- Choose from Final View, Glass House, Doll House, Night Views and Elevations to see your design from every point of view
- Use powerful building tools like automatic roof generation, dormers, stairs, framing, foundations, dimensions and terrain
Home Designer can help you plan, visualize, and estimate the costs before you begin your project. Create a new room or addition to your home, remodel your kitchen or bath, and visualize floor and space planning.
- Move a wall, change a color, add a room, redesign a kitchen and estimate the costs – all before you remodel
- Create a new room or addition- add and remove walls, place windows and doors and size your rooms with dimensions
- Change your colors, countertops, finishes and flooring styles with Material Painter
- Move or resize walls by clicking on the wall and moving or entering a precise dimension
- Import plans from the Chief Architect Room Planner mobile App
Kitchens & Baths
Create thousands of cabinet combinations, change your countertop material, add appliances and fixtures, create custom colors and materials, and more.
- Choose from over 1,000 cabinet combinations
- Plan the new layout of your bathroom with custom cabinets, sinks, showers and garden tubs
- Choose from a wide variety of appliance styles for your kitchen
- Choose from several floor types such as hardwood, stone, tile or carpeting
- Import your own favorite objects, materials, colors or textures from a photo or website
- Use the Color Blending tool to stain a translucent color or apply a solid colors
Give your home the look and feel you want - choose from thousands of styles, colors, flooring and materials. Design and decorate your living, dining, kitchen, kid’s rooms or master bedroom.
- Place name brand products in your design including: Cultured Stone, Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, Behr Paints, Viking Appliances, and more
- Drag-and-drop from thousands of design objects in the built-in Library organized by category
- Choose from a variety of interior items – including chairs, tables, sofas, fabrics and accessories. Resize and change colors and materials
- Quickly place and arrange walls, windows, doors, cabinets, choose colors and accessories
- Turn lights off and on in your design with a single click Material Painter allows you to change the color and material of any object in your design- cabinets, countertops, walls and flooring
Landscape & Deck
Create beautiful landscapes, terrain features, gardens and decks for your perfect outdoor living spaces.
- Powerful deck and patio tools allow you to design and visualize your new deck with 3D models and can help you estimate the costs
- Design straight, curved, single level or multi-level decks
- Use Automatic Build Terrain and Terrain Perimeter tools to create flat, irregular shaped or sloped lots – use a GPS to import elevation data
- Choose from over 1,500 plants with the Plant Chooser
- Use the Plant Encyclopedia to learn more about the plants in your designs
- Download Library Content from the 3D Library
- Online Training Videos & Training Webinars
- Technical Support
*Internet access required for installation, license authentication, deactivation, video and library catalog access. Internet access for license validation is required once every 30 days.